27 December 2008

Driving Force GT

I recently purchased a Logitech Driving Force GT wheel. Ever since August I have been without the G25 and I have been doing setups without any wheel. I am reviewing all 16 setups created with the controller and posting any of the updates over the next few days, expect all changes to be made before the new year. As for the DF GT I am very happy with it. The DF GT is no G25, but it is well worth its price at $100 cheaper than the G25, and a even better deal considering I got mine for less than the MOMO wheel. The feedback isn't as clear from the DF GT as it is in the G25, the wheel feels too small, and the shift paddles are more like shift buttons. Since all the buttons are on the steering wheel I made the shift-up function the handbrake and left the shifting to R2/L2. One plus side to the DF GT is it that it is a bit quieter than the G25 so you can play without disturbing anyone. If you can save up your money and buy a G25, if you can't the DF GT is the next best thing.

No comments: